Be a bit cautious about following your satnav for the last couple of miles. Usually it will get you here fine but occasionally guests have been directed via Ellerbeck Farm, a VERY rough private road. Please don't go this way.
We recommend drivers take note of the map and directions below.
- Approach on the B6255 from either Ingleton or Ribblehead
- From Ingleton -
- Take the B6255 signposted to Hawes
- About 4 miles from the village pass a sign to Chapel-le-Dale Church but don't turn here
- Up the hill a few hundred yards further is the Old School Bunkhouse on the left
- Turn left immediately after the bunkhouse car park
- There is a sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn opposite this turn
- (If you pass the Old Hill Inn on the right you have gone too far!)
- You are now on Philpin Lane, a single track road heading towards a farm.
- Follow the lane for about 3/4 mile through the farmyard and fields crossing 5 cattle grids.
- At the end of the surfaced road just before what would be the 6th cattle grid turn right along a track.
- There is a low down sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn at this point
- Follow the track along the side of a couple of fields and a final cattle grid on the corner to arrive at Broadrake.
- From Ribblehead -
- Take the B6255 signposted to Ingleton
- After a mile or so pass the Old Hill Inn on the left
- About 100 yds further turn sharp right immediately before the Old School Bunkhouse car park
- It is a very sharp turn, almost coming back on yourself
- The sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn opposite this turn is not visible until the last minute
- (If you get as far as the sign to Chapel-le-Dale Church you have gone too far!)
- You are now on Philpin Lane - follow the directions above from there
Most cars should manage the last section of track fine but take care if you have low ground clearance.