Be a bit cautious about following your satnav for the last couple of miles. Usually it will get you here fine but occasionally guests have been directed via Ellerbeck Farm, a VERY rough private road. Please don't go this way.
We recommend drivers take note of the map and directions below.
- Approach on the B6255 from either Ingleton or Ribblehead
- From Ingleton -
- Take the B6255 signposted to Hawes
- About 4 miles from the village pass a sign to Chapel-le-Dale Church but don't turn here
- Up the hill a few hundred yards further is the Old School Bunkhouse on the left
- Turn left immediately after the bunkhouse car park
- There is a sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn opposite this turn
- (If you pass the Old Hill Inn on the right you have gone too far!)
- You are now on Philpin Lane, a single track road heading towards a farm.
- Follow the lane for about 3/4 mile through the farmyard and fields crossing 5 cattle grids.
- At the end of the surfaced road just before what would be the 6th cattle grid turn right along a track.
- There is a low down sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn at this point
- Follow the track along the side of a couple of fields and a final cattle grid on the corner to arrive at Broadrake.
- From Ribblehead -
- Take the B6255 signposted to Ingleton
- After a mile or so pass the Old Hill Inn on the left
- About 100 yds further turn sharp right immediately before the Old School Bunkhouse car park
- It is a very sharp turn, almost coming back on yourself
- The sign to Broadrake Bunkbarn opposite this turn is not visible until the last minute
- (If you get as far as the sign to Chapel-le-Dale Church you have gone too far!)
- You are now on Philpin Lane - follow the directions above from there
Most cars should manage the last section of track fine but take care if you have low ground clearance.
Occasionally, in exceptionally heavy rain, Philpin Lane may flood in the dip after the farmyard. It goes up and down quite quickly, usually in a matter of hours, but if it is flooded don't attempt to cross. Retreat to the Old Hill Inn and phone us from there.